Check out my 5 ingredients you should add to your breakfast oatmeal to make it bulkier. You wake up and are getting ready to start your day but you need a breakfast that is going to stick around with you until you can make it to lunchtime. Yogurt just isn’t doing the trick anymore, sure the living cultures are great for your stomach and your body health but it runs its course in an hour and you are hungry for more! So oatmeal is your backup quick morning breakfast and you can always rely on it to last a little longer in your stomach and packs a little more punch with it to jump start the morning. So, how about oatmeal with a twist!
Add these 5 stunning ingredients to your oatmeal towards the end of the cooking process.
1. Nuts, either pecans or walnuts are best, pieces or whole whatever you like best.
2. Goji berry, adding goji berry transforms your oatmeal into a magical feel good breakfast with the natural effects of the goji for sure to last hours!
3.Seasome seeds, adding seeds to the oatmeal is prefect for extra nutrients! Add as much or as little depending on taste.
4.dried cranberry, prefect for the hint of sweetened tarty Chewy flavor instead of the old standby raisins.
5.1-2 tablespoons of peanut butter for the protein punch!
If you enjoy your breakfast oatmeal sweet try using local honey instead of sugar!
There is nothing better than planning out your Friday or Saturday night with friends and patriotic cocktails that will set your night off right! Below are two of the top tropical Canadian inspired drinks that you have to try atleast once!
1. Breezy Canadian
2 oz Whiskey (Canadian Whiskey for the Canadians!)
1/2 oz pineapple juice
1/2 tsp Maraschino
Directions: Shake ingredients in a cocktail shaker and pour over ice into a glass garnish with fresh pineapple.
2. Cherry Cherry Canadian
2 oz Canadian Whiskey
1/2 oz Cherry Brandy
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp orange juice
Directions: Shake ingredients in a cocktail shaker and pour over ice into a glass.
Remember to have some fun when making drinks and to add or subtract any ingredients to suite your tastes! It is all about having fun with your food! Enjoy!
1. Watermelon flavored gum – most gums carry this flavor, especially during summertime as it is a very popular choice!
2. Watermelon flavored Oreos – you heard about it here first! You can pick them up only in Target stores.
3. Ice Cream flavored like watermelon – Yes, they have it. Although many watermelon flavors you find are in sherbet, they do have it in icecream….to try some, you can check out the Watermelon Chip flavor at BaskinRobbins!
4. Watermelon Radish – I’m not really sure what to even say about this. Yes, it is indeed a real vegetable. A watermelon radish! They are about 4 inches in diameter and look like green radishes with a hot pink interior.
5. Watermelon Fudge – There are a number of places online that sell it, and you can also find recipes so that you can make it yourself – many get the watermelon flavor by addeing “watermelon oil”.
6. Watermelon Flavored Cereal – If you’re looking for the taste of summer in your breakfast food, check out a box of Trix which includes “fruity flavors” including watermelon!
7. Watermelon Gazpacho Soup – this is a popular soup with vegeterians…served cold in summer, many think it is quite refreshing!
8. Watermelon Sweet Tea – This is a popular drink in the south..drink it iced…the flavors are quite good!
9. “Salty Watermelon” Pepsi – This drink is a seasonal release by Pepsi in Japan, and was released July of 2012…haven’t seen any evidence if it’s out again in 2013 or not.
Pumpkin flavor comes in many different forms for a variety of uses. Perhaps one of the most popular forms of pumpkin is the canned fruit that is most commonly purchased around Thanksgiving to make pumpkin pie. However, there are multiple different forms this flavor is produced and you can even find pumpkin as a vitamin supplement!
Here is a list of different uses and types of pumpkin flavoring.
Pumpkin extract: For baking and for other uses in the kitchen
Pumpkin Oil: Most commonly found as a supplement
Canned Pumpkin Flavor: Mostly used during the Thanksgiving Holiday
Pumpkin is a great source of Vitamin A
Chocolate covered strawberries is a quick and simple idea for a Valentines desert. On Valentine’s Day it is a good idea to have some dessert you and your special someone can snack on after dinner. One cure for your sweetie on the sweetest day of the year is to make a fast and simple chocolate covered strawberry dessert! Of course you can always but a pre-made package of chocolate covered strawberries, but for that extra special touch all you need are a few ingredients to make your Valentine feel even more special
First you want to but some semi-sweet chocolate bars. These bars can usually be found in the baking section of your grocery store. Often times on the back of the package it will instruct you on how to melt the chocolate. Follow those instructions for melting. Then, while your chocolate is nice, warm, and melted all you have to do is give a good dip to your strawberry! This will take a few to get a nice dip and to get a bit of practice, but be patient!
This is sure to be a special dessert for you and your valentine!