Should everything taste like bacon? How do you feel about bacon-flavored mayonnaise? Meat lovers rejoice because this one’s for you!
J&Ds has a line of “spreads” called “Baconnaise” – which is essentially bacon-flavored mayonnaise – it comes in regular and lite flavors. It is a bacon-flavored spread that goes on anything from vegetables to sandwiches. Those who have tried it say it turns a sandwich without bacon into a sandwich tasting like it has bacon.
But you don’t have to try and find this particular brand to experience the flavor yourself – you can get a similar effect by making your own batch – many people do it by using bacon fat in their homemade mayonnaise recipe…the end result is similar – a bacon-flavored mayonnaise that tastes great on burgers, hot dogs, and veggies!
Here are some other ideas you can do to flavor mayonnaise.
Any of these flavors can be achieved by simply mixing the ingredient in with the mayo prior to spreading on your food…
- Chipotle Mayonnaise
- Citrus-flavored Mayo
- Capered Mayonnaise
- Wasabi Mayonnaise
- Fresh Herb Mayonnaise
- Paremesan / Pepper Mayonnaise
- Pickle-Flavor Mayonnaise – chop a dilled pickle and mix in – people say it tastes great!!
Adding flavor to everyday drinking water is one of the newest crazes hitting the hydrations scene! Who knew that regular water was just too plain and simple for people?! But it is! People finally got bored of that simple tap water and are dumping all sorts of flavor additives! Why not join the fun? Most of the additives being dropped into a glass of water are seemingly harmless (so far) and in fact most of them are adding additional vitamins and minerals that you might want to have absorbed into your body anyway. One thing to look out for however is the type of sweetener being used in these products some of which are artificial, for example, MiO sweetener claims to use acesulfame potassium and sucralose to make the product sweet, this may or may not be a concern to you.
From one of the most popular sites for water flavoring here is a partial list is additives available:
1. Watermelon flavored gum – most gums carry this flavor, especially during summertime as it is a very popular choice!
2. Watermelon flavored Oreos – you heard about it here first! You can pick them up only in Target stores.
3. Ice Cream flavored like watermelon – Yes, they have it. Although many watermelon flavors you find are in sherbet, they do have it in icecream….to try some, you can check out the Watermelon Chip flavor at BaskinRobbins!
4. Watermelon Radish – I’m not really sure what to even say about this. Yes, it is indeed a real vegetable. A watermelon radish! They are about 4 inches in diameter and look like green radishes with a hot pink interior.
5. Watermelon Fudge – There are a number of places online that sell it, and you can also find recipes so that you can make it yourself – many get the watermelon flavor by addeing “watermelon oil”.
6. Watermelon Flavored Cereal – If you’re looking for the taste of summer in your breakfast food, check out a box of Trix which includes “fruity flavors” including watermelon!
7. Watermelon Gazpacho Soup – this is a popular soup with vegeterians…served cold in summer, many think it is quite refreshing!
8. Watermelon Sweet Tea – This is a popular drink in the south..drink it iced…the flavors are quite good!
9. “Salty Watermelon” Pepsi – This drink is a seasonal release by Pepsi in Japan, and was released July of 2012…haven’t seen any evidence if it’s out again in 2013 or not.
Oreos aren’t the plain chocolate creme-filled cookie you remember from your childhood! Oh no, they aren’t. They are developing and changing with the times. And the newest flavor? One that you just won’t be able to stop thinking about….
Yes, that’s right – Watermelon flavored Oreos!
This special flavor is a limited edition release that is made special for summer 2013….and it is sold only – and exclusively – at Target stores.
The cookie itself does not contain actual watermelon (sorry!) but rather watermelon flavor, and it is not chocolate, but rather on a golden cookie. The creme filling is not white, but rather half green and half red.
Reviews of the cookie so far have been mixed – people that have not tried the cookie say it sounds so unappetizing they won’t even buy it! But those that are brave enough to buy it have been pleasantly surprised saying that the cookie is actually quite good, with claims that the watermelon flavor is not overwhelming at all and blends in nicely with the sweetness of the cookie.
A quick search on the internet for freeze dried foods will quickly reveal a long list of emergency preparedness sites. These sites will share with you some of the freeze dried food offerings geared towards preparing and storing food for emergencies. But you do not have to necessarily store this type of food for those rare occasions but rather make your life a bit more convenient with the magic of freeze dried foods.
This is a list of some of the particular entrees that you can find online and will have a storage life that is longer than most of the products in your refrigerator, in fact most of the products have YEARS of shelf life!
Partial list of prepared freeze dried meals available online:
Chicken a la king