Learn how to cook Spaghetti Squash very easy with only a pan or pot and a little bit of water step-by-step the following the simple pictures and the Instagram video for instruction.
Have you tried to cook a squash and ended up with an inedible plate? You do not need any special skills or talent to cook this veggie! The good news is the list of supplies and ingredients you will need is short and the actual stove top simmer time is not that long either, so you can complete this dish fairly fast and with ease.
What you need:
1 Spaghetti Squash
1 Pot or Large Sauce Pan
1 Chefs knife
1. Size, and sometimes shape can vary greatly from squash to squash but the very first step to cooking this vegetable is to cut it length wise. This is the hardest part of the entire process and should be done with care and caution.
2. Scoop out the seeds and stringy loose flesh from the inside of the gourd and discard or reuse.
3. Add water to pot or pan, just enough to cover about 1 inch of the squash when placed face down in the water.
4. Place face down in pan and allow to simmer (without letting all the water dry up) for about 10 minutes. Check periodically by flipping the squash over to expose the inside flesh and poke with a fork. You will know the veggie is done, or tender, when the fork inserts into the flesh with ease.
5. When both squash halves have been cooked until tender remove and allow to cool off by placing them (rind side) down to allow the heat and some of the moisture to dissipate.
6. When cool enough to handle (yet still warm -maybe 5-10 minutes of cooling) take a fork and begin scraping out the inside meat of the spaghetti squash into a bowl. Scrap both halves until all of the useable meat is ready and in the bowl.
See this Instagram Video for How to Scrap out the inside of the squash.
The dish is now ready to be used for your favorite recipe! Of you can eat it just like this! Enjoy!