Thanksgiving stuffing can come in a variety of flavors. You do not need to stick with the traditional stuffing you’ve always had that your family only half-likes. It is such a flexible food item that a good stuffing recipe can be modified to accomodate anyone’s tastes. So this thanksgiving, let’s take a look at what options and flavors are available for your stuffing:
- Sausage stuffing – A traditional stuffing is typically made out of sausage which tends to leave the stuffing moist and flavorful. It’s also very easy to make.
- Cornbread stuffing- one of the more traditional thanksgiving stuffings, this one is made from – you guessed it -cornbread! It’s best made with cornbread that is a day old, and is very appealing to those who like breads.
- Panettone stuffing – a twist on traditional bread stuffing, this one is made out of a citrus-flavored Italian bread.
- Oyster stuffing – Try something a little bit different with this rich, tasty, stuffing with oysters as the main ingredient. Nicely compliments the turkey and will feel like you’re eating food from a 5-star restaurant.
- Sweet Potato stuffing – if you have extra sweet potatoes, this is a good option to try. Pecans, breadcrumbs, and sweet potatoes are the main ingredients.
- Apple stuffing – used at both thanksgiving and christmas, this stuffing is a great choice for vegeterians.
- Mushroom-Pecan stuffing – this flavorful stuffing is made with leeks, mushrooms, and currants, and tastes delicious with gravy.
All these thanksgiving stuffing flavors and they’re associated recipes are easy to find by doing a quick search on the net for “thanksgiving stuffing recipes”.